Are you or someone you know caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease? Frank Broyles’ “Playbook for Alzheimer’s Caregivers” is a must-read resource that offers practical, heartfelt guidance for this challenging journey. Here are some compelling reasons to delve into this book:
- Personal Experience: Frank Broyles, the Athletic Director Emeritus for the University of Arkansas Razorbacks, shares his intimate journey with Alzheimer’s as he cared for his wife, Barbara. This book isn’t just theory; it’s a story born from real-life challenges and triumphs.
- A Unique Approach: Drawing on his coaching experience, Broyles structures the book like a coach’s playbook. It’s an innovative way to approach Alzheimer’s care, focusing on strategy, teamwork, and resilience.
- Practical Tips: The book is filled with actionable advice, focusing on a social model of care (doing things with the person, not just for them). It’s a treasure trove of tips and strategies that can make daily caregiving more manageable and meaningful.
- Inspiration and Hope: Broyles emphasizes the importance of cherishing each day, celebrating “todays” and memories, and living life to the fullest, even amidst the challenges of Alzheimer’s.
- Accessibility and Support: This Playbook reflects Broyles’ commitment to supporting caregivers. It’s a testament to community effort and generosity.
- A Message of Love: At its heart, the book is a reminder to cherish the time spent with loved ones. It encourages finding peace and joy in the journey, reinforcing the idea that it’s still possible to live and love when facing Alzheimer’s.
Frank Broyles’ “Playbook for Alzheimer’s Caregivers” is more than just a guide; it’s a heartfelt gift to anyone navigating the complexities of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s. It’s a testament to the power of love, resilience, and community support in the face of one of life’s toughest challenges.
Read this book to find strength, guidance, and hope in your caregiving journey.